Thursday, January 29, 2009

Daddy's First Post: The Schwartz Eugenics

Well, those of you who know me best are probably expecting a somewhat unorthodox point of view on the matter of our having a baby. I am sure that unorthodoxy will find its way into my writings sooner or later. But for the time being let me just say that I am very excited about this new adventure in the perpetuation of the human race and am very anxious to see what sort of brainwashing I can get away with.

Ahem...anyway,
God willing, eight months from now, I will be a father. I have no idea what it's going to be like, but I take solace in the fact that I grew up with a great role model who's constant strivings to demonstrate selflessness definitely did not go unnoticed. I also have a brother who has my admiration for his handlings of family life and child rearing (among other reasons, to be sure). With these considerations in mind, I have confidence that the progeneration of Schwartzes, while it may not be an easy task, has truly been blessed by our Creator, and that He will guide the cultivation of our family's new addition into an instrument of His Will; but it is only through His Son that I will continue these positive eugenics. (How's that for ironic Social Darwinism?)

I am also fascinated at the development that we are able to see already (albeit somewhat vicariously--read Google image search of "fetal development"). It makes me even more amazed at the miracle of life, even at this early stage.

So, I am excited; I am not scared (yet); and I am confident that God's Plan will prevail after all things, and that I would be extremely selfish to consider my "needs" to be superior to His Will.

GO SCHWARTZ!

3 comments:

  1. God puts children in our lives (among other things) to remind us how much we need Him, remind us of how much He loves us, get a idea of HIS patience and grace and forgiveness toward us, when we see how unfortunately IMpatient we are, and we experience His strength, the abundance of His blessing and the overwhelming greatness of His love. We get to see the world through new baby eyes. We begin to understand the preciousness of the sacrifice of God's Son for us, as we delight in the preciousness of our own child.
    We are thankful we are God's children, and are thankful that our children are His, and are so thankful all is in His hands as he gives us our busy days to go through. I love you my own child Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing to be scared of! It will all come to you and Amanda, just as it did for all the other parents with their first child. So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete